Made a sneaky little brownie-style slice with Funch Protein Power Ball Mix this afternoon. Kids came home from a day out visiting grandparents and devoured a few pieces, as did hubby. Will be popping in the kids lunch boxes tomorrow - for an awesome energy boosting nutrient rich snack, offering a lot more than your traditional style brownie. Pretty good with a cuppa too.
To make this I used:
- 1 packet of Funch Protein Power Ball Mix (200g)
- 2 x tins black beans (avail at health/wholefoods stores)
- 150g honey
- 80g coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g dark choc chips
- Pre-heat oven to 160C (fan forced)
- Grease and line a slice tin
- Strain liquid from black beans and blend with stick blender until smooth
- Melt honey and coconut oil over low heat
- Melt dark choc chips until just melted
- Add Funch Protein Power Ball Mix, honey and coconut oil, chocolate, baking powder to the black beans and stir well to combine.
- Pour mix into tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. Slice will be soft when you take it out, but will firm up on cooling.
- Makes approx 30 slices.
- Protein Power Balls Mix is packed with protein, antioxidants, super foods, fibre and healthy fats, see http://www.funch.com.au/products/protein-power-balls for full list of ingredients.
- Black Beans are high in fibre, carbohydrates and protein. They are also an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals.