Funch Recipe: Macadamia Mango Protein Ball November 10 2014
Article and recipe supplied by Julie from the blog 'me, my best and I'
Protein balls. They’ve been saving us from 3pm snack attacks since they first rolled into our snack challenged lives.
If I am to be honest though I haven’t whipped up a batch in so long. My cupboard stores were low, no superfoods to be found so when the people at Funch, makers of ‘Make At Home Superfood Snacks’ challenged me to roll out a Me my best & I protein ball recipe I was all over it
But how could I put a Me my best and I stamp on these protein balls?
If you know me…you know that November through February I am mango OBSESSED!
It HAD to be mangoes.
Mangoes apart from tasting just like summer are a uniquely nutritious fruit, high in Vitamin A and C and extra rich in fibre while also providing calcium and iron, both particularly important minerals for kids and women.
Roll it there Julie….
- 180g dried mangoes
- 1 tablespoon macadamia butter
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Funch Organic Protein Power Ball Mix pack
- Desiccated coconut
- Soak the mangoes in hot water to soften for 10 minutes
- Blend the softened mangoes with a stick blender until smooth*
- Loosen the macadamia butter over a gentle heat with the coconut oil and mix with the mangoes in a large bowl
- Pour the dry Funch Organic Protein Power Ball Mix* pack into the wet mixture mixing with your hands until it comes together
- Roll the mixture into 15 walnut sized balls with the palms of your hands*
- Roll the balls in desiccated coconut to dust
* I used Funch Organic Protein Power Ball Mix to make life easier
*Wetting your hands slightly will help to roll the balls really smooth
*Store in an airtight container in the fridge
About Funch’s Protein Power Ball Mix
Funch’s Protein Power Ball Mix comes in a pouch loaded with superfood goodness all finely blended to make it easy for you to whip up a batch of balls at home without having to source all the ingredients which lets face it can become quite exy (and I’m not quite sure you could find them in Aldi, where Mr Best has me shopping on a stringent groceries weekly budget!)
A perfectly balanced combination of protein, fibre, good fats, antioxidants and minerals.
The pouch contains 200g of finely blended dry ingredients made up of Organic Oats, Raw Organic Cacao Power, Organic Desiccated Coconut, Chia Seeds, Raw Organic Pepitas, Raw Organic Sunflower Seeds, Pure Raw Pea Protein Powder.
I love that the mix has no sugar at all and you can chose if you wish to add dried fruit or not or totally omit for a sugar free version.
The mix is also very cacao rich so the balls are extra chocolately and filling and antioxidant and mineral rich to boot.